PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2023
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2023, 15:44
CatmanSlim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile It's raining girls

Originally Posted by Will66
Great bit of encouragement thanks for sharing. I agree, they will hopefully take absolutely everything into account, including the CV, cover letter/personal statement and personal circumstances. For example I shared that I had to have two heart surgeries (one failed) in order to obtain a class 1 and shows my determination to follow the dream, and my experience in aviation dispatching aircraft at current. I hope these things would hopefully show more than just a few aptitude tests would.

I’ve also heard this years intake is encouraging more female applicants so I imagine it could be a 50:50 or 60:40 female to male split which is good to see in the industry, means us guys have to work harder to compete 😉
Yeah I heard this too but I think there will be more lenience shown towards more female applicants. Hypothetically, if only 5 female applicants applied but their aptitude tests were appalling then I doubt they would still get through to the assessments and then ultimately, the course itself. This is a slightly extreme example but hopefully the other non-female cadets wouldnt consider the successful female applicants as being "gifted" the opportunity due to their gender. They will have had to have completed the tests and scored high enough to be accepted in the first place. Let's not forget that

Sorry to hear about your troubles! Hopefully, you are on the mend properly now! (as evidenced by your class 1).

Even after my friends words of reassurance, I would be very, very surprised if my results were in the top x percentile to warrant an invite for assessment. During the multitask exercise, I mis-clicked more often than I thought. Whizzing the mouse over to "no duplicate" but clicking too soon and catching the very edge of the "duplicate" box... I'm a wreck waiting on feedback.