PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2023
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2023, 15:23
Will66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CatmanSlim
Yeah, I was speaking to a guy who completed the 2019 induction and is currently flying with Aer Lingus. I was asking him if I was wasting my time trying lol he just said he scored terribly in some tasks but scored quite well in the others so you are either wired like a pilot and it will work in your favour or you arent wired a particular way and there is nothing you can do about it. Worth a shot at your dream though.
Great bit of encouragement thanks for sharing. I agree, they will hopefully take absolutely everything into account, including the CV, cover letter/personal statement and personal circumstances. For example I shared that I had to have two heart surgeries (one failed) in order to obtain a class 1 and shows my determination to follow the dream, and my experience in aviation dispatching aircraft at current. I hope these things would hopefully show more than just a few aptitude tests would.

I’ve also heard this years intake is encouraging more female applicants so I imagine it could be a 50:50 or 60:40 female to male split which is good to see in the industry, means us guys have to work harder to compete 😉