PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Performance Offshore - the Evolution of Helideck Performance Procedures
Old 22nd Aug 2023, 10:01
JimL

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
The first incident was when a pilot-pedal turned the helicopter on deck and put the tail rotor several metres into the obstacle sector. I did read the report but can't remember if it was provided to me on a need-to-know basis or as a public issuance.

The second was a pilot flying a Dauphin who had an engine failure shortly after applying pitch; he rotated, just missed the deck edge and then struggled to achieve fly-away.

The description of the first incident may be available through the Norwegian accident investigation process. The second was reported through the UK MORs system - which may or may not have survived (it was some time ago).

I should add that the paper is best picked up from the URL and not downloaded. It is very likely that it will be amended in light of comments received here and on LinkedIn.

It is also likely that, because of the apparent confusion that surrounds PC2e, practical examples with be added to the text.