PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR pilots, please share your thoughts/ experience
Old 21st Aug 2023, 23:26
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moonraker4
This isn’t the case though. Part A has the FTLs and associated policies in black and white. Stick to them and you’re covered. Anything after 30 mins post duty till the start of the next duty you are not obliged to answer. Yes they will try but you don’t need to answer. Been in this situation a few times and never had any issues?

People (not necessarily yourself) also seem to think you need to set alarms on an early standby to wake up and check if they’ve been put on a duty…no they will call you if you’re needed.
Last time I stood my ground, the fact it was against the OM A was ignored and I got a phone call from a management pilot which focused on why I was refusing to cooperate with delivering the operation.

I know I am not the only FO who has had this experience. One guy showed me screenshots where he had been called at 4:50AM for a 7AM standby. There was also a post recently on the intranet querying all the texts in the middle of the night that seem to disturb quite a lot of people. Put it on silent sounds simple but not everyone can put their phone on silent. Some have urgent calls they need to be able to receive etc.