PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas, Alan Joyce’s personal play thing.
Old 20th Aug 2023, 23:53
pppdrive

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
As this is partly a Rumour network, could there possibly be any truth in the the thought that Joyce, using the vast amount of money he gained through his systematic destruction of the reputation of a once great Airline known as Qantas, be the 'financial' means by which Global Airlines will be seen dominating the future of world aviation. He already has the money and being the CEO of the remains of Qantas shows he has the experience to lead from the front. What more could Global need, of course, staff might be one thing but as we all know that's a minor problem for Joyce to fix. Set up a separate company/ies to employ fully experience staff such as Pilots, Engineers, Cabin Crew, Passenger Service Staff at a much lower pay scale than they have ever worked for before in the Industry. Obviously he can instil in these "new" sub-contracted staff the same loyalty and pride in the Company that they previously displayed whilst trying to 'save' their previous Airlines. Oh wait, hasn't he done exactly that before and failed, but I'm sure he'll be able to sort that minor problem out once he has got Global's 380s up in the air. Does he actually want any staff, as they'll just be a drain on the end of year financial statements anyway and really do nothing to help an Airline gain respect and more passengers. I'm sure our James from Global would be delighted to have Joyce help to bring his dreams to reality.
Do I actually believe anything I've said above? The answer is no, but then I never believed that Joyce could remove the 'service' part from a service based industry and the Airline still survive either, so I've already been proven wrong.