PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 20th Aug 2023, 19:46
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Follow up to allegation of assault

21/08/23

Dear Mr Hanton,

I am writing to follow up on the complaint that I made to the Office of the Industry Complaints Commissioner (ICC) regarding the completely false allegation made by Mr David Edwards a CASA Flight Operations Inspector (FOI) based in the Melbourne Office that I had assaulted him in the foyer of the CASA Building on 6 February 2020.

As you are aware, the witness statements by the other CASA Officer in attendance, indicate that in fact Mr David Edwards was not assaulted by me, and that clearly supports my version of events, being the truthful one, and Mr Edwards claims, being malicious, false and misleading, a pattern that I have come to expect in my dealings with CASA.

I have requested that CASA confirm that they are aware that I did not assault any CASA Employees ever, and I have made the very reasonable request that the false statement be corrected by CASA on multiple occasions.

CASA has had access to that same information that I obtained under Freedom of Information, and CASA would have been aware for over three years that it was a false statement and that no CASA Employee was ever assaulted by me.

The first time that I became aware that I had allegedly stalked and assaulted CASA Employees was when the CASA CEO at the time, Mr Shane Carmody PSM, raised those most serious of allegations before the Senators on 20/11/2020, before the Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee.

As CASA has now been aware for a period of over three years, I think the time has well and truly passed for CASA to correct this falsehood. As you are aware, I have made multiple requests to CASA over the ensuing years,The impact of this false allegation continues, and I feel that I am within my rights to have this matter promptly attended to.

Could you please advise if the Board has directed that this matter be investigated, and if you have been directed by the Board not to investigate this matter, can you advise what options are available to me to have Mr Edwards conduct investigated, and a determination made as to whether in fact any CASA Employee was ever stalked or assaulted by me.This is a matter that I am not prepared to "let go" as it has had a significant impact on me and continues to do so.

Thankyou Jonathan, and please understand that my frustration is not intended to be directed at you.

Cheers. Glen Buckley