PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northumbria UK TDA closes airstrips
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2023, 14:38
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
If you do want to object, previous experience on the smaller scale trial on the Northumberland coast suggested that challenging the purpose of the trial got short shrift, so concentrating on the impact on the aviation community may have more effect
I totally agree, the CAA are not equipped to judge whether the purpose of the hospitals plan is valid or it is not. Their purpose is solely one of aviation safety and, nowadays, any impact on the local environment including bird sanctuary's and other protected areas. Conflicts with existing airfields including farm strip operators and other stakeholders must be resolved before any operating agreement and/or airspace restrictions are approved. I would suspect that the RAF will have a lot to say with regard to the plans. So it is up to Apian together with all stakeholders to come together to find the way forward that works for everyone. In my experience agreements can always be reached. Letters of Agreement will then be drawn up and signed by all parties. the L of A/s will be a very important part of Apian's application. Everyone concerned should join AOPA in my view, they have considerable experience in all of this, and they will provide guidance and even represent.