PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2023, 10:47
Makiko

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Truly Fantasyland stuff

Its always the same old story, played every angle to perfection & made every post a winner or " I know a bloke who did this ......

There is no mechanism for an Aussie Pilot to obtain a greencard (aside lottery, partner) no matter who your gold seal "attorney" is - it doesn't happen. Lottery is virtually nil probability & partner . Well lets look at this way if in Aussie it takes typically 4 years to get PR via partner , it won't be any less in the USA. Like how you added he joined the "best" major & in a short 18 months , not just a NB command but a WB command . Holy crikey Batman . Just fantasyland

Like you Jester I would also say "well played" if the event of your fast track Delta WB LHS & others you mention - had actually occurred. But the event didn't occur

Lapon well the only B scale is ML Airbus SO ,not hearing any plans for that to be expanded. Well it is possible that the QF group goes broke but that has never happened over a long time . Whereas virtually all US pax carriers have been in Chapter 11 this century & that is when your contract can be reduced by very large % & the large furloughs etc

But I think the greatest fantasist would be VT , got an answer for everything claiming every post a winner . Claiming to have joined QF circa 99 as 25 yo & former RFDS King Air pilot or something - dream run in GA to be sure. Then moves to CX DEFO in 2006 , Aussie based & out earns all his QF contempories - winner winner chicken dinner. We can all remember that rush QF 7 year pilots leaving to join CX DEFO to take that 40% paycut - it was the quick & the dead. Then achieves LHS at CX after 10.5 years on the Airbus - somehow leapfrogging the 14 year requirement - well played Sir. Stressing how he " out earned" all of his QF contemps every year. Also boasted that he beat his QF contempts to LHS , stating the earliest they got it was 2017- little problem with this - just called reality as 99 joiners could have got a 737 lhs by 2010/12. Said he was at major int airline for 15 years & now amended that to left in 2017, so we are at 11 years now. & Now this magic man has obtained a green card , is flying the friendly skies at United & just so boastful about his earnings. I don't accept he worked for any of these airlines

Its always the same old story

Think you might find they had to pay the statutory minimum which is two weeks for every year despite what was written in the EBA , which I am pretty sure was above 12 weeks anyway. All other outstandings sick leave , vacation, long service etc etc. The payments were on the generous side to get the "deal done" . I certainly knew Tiger guys with about 8/9 years that were getting 12 months pay, VANZ guys with less than 3 years picking up 70K . Pretty good deals across the board
Fair bit of whining by the 737 guys about for example the 330 pilots getting fat redundancy payments then returning etc .
VARA 78.2(b) 3 weeks for every year , max of 52 weeks. This was likely used as the benchmark as it wouldn't have been a good look different Virgin entities different pilot redundancies

Last edited by Makiko; 20th Aug 2023 at 11:18.