PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2023, 15:03
Makiko

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
As I said first sentence its always the same old story

Look at how well I played it & won at all corners & at all times

I wasn't aware of any DE FO HK based in 06 , there were some DEFO based in Australia - but nothing special regarding money, sure above Virgin but
way below QF mainline . HK was via SO route at that point in time

Skeptical that you claim got to LHS , timelines just aren't long enough

If you had got to 330/350 LHS why leave ? Why be asking about $100K Careflight jobs at that point in time ? (circa 2018)

If you joined QF in 1999 you would have got at 737 LHS in Perth around 2010/12. You just said that you achieved a 330/350 LHS same time you would have got
a LHS 737 at QF. This doesn't make any sense

1. The 350 wasn't even flying at that point in time (was it ?)

2. CX joiners 05/10 typically 14 years to a LHS

So joining CX in 06 that would have meant best chance LHS in 2020 (or at absolute best 2019)

These "stories" are always the same , I played it smarter than everyone else & I earned more money& I earned more money & I earned more money than anyone else

You were not earning the same money as an Aussie based CX DEFO as a 7th year QF 767 FO - didn't happen

& if you are a United NB FO you are now earning significantly less than you would have if you had stayed at QF

But its a free world & people are entitled to change employers as they see fit

You sure must have been a very youngish king air pilot (24/25) to have accomplished all since 1999 & now still be in your 40s. Almost like a prodigy of some note

The stories are always the same

Also you cannot hole NB LHS in any base - stop telling stories

You may be able to hold LHS at the Junior 2 or 3 bases (Detroit is just lovely) & on permanent reserve there . That is why the NB FOs at US majors
don't bid for LHS - its a nightmare , as similar to perpetual reserve for 5/7 years as a WB FO, hunkering down in NYC or ORD paying your own way at a hotel

Sure there is good brass available at US majors but you are playing furlough (redundancy ) roulette for the first 5 to 8 years of your career & if you get allocated WB FO
from school house , you are on permanent reserve for years (possibly can transfer to NB after freeze). So rewards there , but its a much tougher game & in any case is not available to Australian citizens. The number flying for US majors wouldn't reach double figures

Last edited by Makiko; 19th Aug 2023 at 15:56.