PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huey Incident ?
Thread: Huey Incident ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2004, 22:34
francois marais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am now totally convinced that there are some really sick people out there in this industry. Real mental cases. Not eccentric cases, true mental cases. Thank God these people do not fly helicopters and transport passengers, as one can only but wonder what will happen if the "brain" disengages!

One cannot comprehend that a compressor stall due to the ingestion of a foreign object can create so much sensation in the Cape helicopter business. You have no idea how many people have phoned me about the Huey's landing in the Delta 200 last Saturday. Unbelievable!

I have decided to engage a public relations expert so that we can once again cash in on the publicity created by our "sleazeball" friend(s) based on worthless rubbish and fabrications. I personally, can not understand why such an event has to be so news worthy. So news-worthy that a television news anchor wants to interview me about the "crash that killed 16 people, the Huey that rolled on its side, the earth that was ploughed up in the Delta 200 on landing, the Main Rotor Blades that chopped off the tailboom, the incident that was not filed with the CAA (I got news for you little Elvis) the helicopter that's been flown in defiance of a court order, the 16 phonecalls made to ATC by a Waterfront operator, a letter hand delivered to an ATC facility by the opposition, and so many , many more bullsh1t stories that have come from total idiots. You tell me if normal people will carry on like this???

For those of you who have phoned about the facts, thanks. To those (and you know who you are) who have spread the most inconceivable bullsh1 t, I really feel sorry for you. You are not normal.

If all goes well, the Huey should be flying again by Thursday.

Last edited by 4HolerPoler; 21st Jan 2004 at 16:25.