PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2023, 03:43
gordonfvckingramsay

Received 730 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by VH-RME
I would suggest it is a fallacy to directly compare AUD vs USD salaries outright. They are two separate job markets (though somewhat linked via the E-3). Not at all suggesting things in Aus can't and shouldn't be improved, but salaries in the US are markedly higher in a lot of fields outside aviation, such as finance and tech. I wouldn't expect Australia to be able to match these dollar for dollar in the near future

To answer the above question, I'm a current E-3 pilot I would pick Qantas over any of the current E-3 carriers. Would I take Qantas over a US legacy? Gonna be a tough choice

I also personally strongly prefer living Australia over the US, if this is not the case for you then your answer will probably be different
Isn’t it interesting that these highly qualified financial gurus advising the airline industry seem to adore the Supply and Demand model when it suits, but seem to be somewhat obtuse when the pilots are the ones in demand. Cough up or park airframes, simple equation if you ask me.