PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA T5 visa conundrum
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2023, 14:59
Ignore the HUD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wiggy
Agreed..

As far as T5 ATM..I think the view of most of the regulars I know who have been caught up in this are are concerned it's BA being perhaps a bit over zealous/overly keen in policing documentation but what they are looking for is iaw with Schengen area rules (in a nutshell for Brits - comply with 90/180 or have a long stay Visa or a residency permit) and a carrier has responsibilities in that area.

Will and when will other carriers start doing similar...I guess the smart ones will hang on as long as possible, maybe they'll wait for the e-systems.

Anyhow the family member travelling back home on a British passport into a Schengen country through T5 this weekend has been briefed as to what to possibly expect and to have their residency permit handy....
Thanks again for the update but it it does seem to be an intermittent check IMHO but admit I could be wrong here . It would be appreciated that now this check is being implemented passengers are notified via a pop up notification on the Web booking or via the app. The airline is aware of the travelers passport nationality and destination.
I know its the passengers responsibility to make sure they have the correct documentation but in our case the counter staff were totally bemused at the situation.