PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA T5 visa conundrum
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2023, 13:31
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
ETIAS / EES is very unlikely to be effective before the end of the Paris Olympics and Paralympics in summer 2024. The French Govt does not want any problems, eg athletes unable to enter France because computer says no, while the world is watching.
Late October 2024 / early November 2024 seems to be the most likely start date for EES / ETIAS
Agreed..

As far as T5 ATM..I think the view of most of the regulars I know who have been caught up in this are are concerned it's BA being perhaps a bit over zealous/overly keen in policing documentation but what they are looking for is iaw with Schengen area rules (in a nutshell for Brits - comply with 90/180 or have a long stay Visa or a residency permit) and a carrier has responsibilities in that area.

Will and when will other carriers start doing similar...I guess the smart ones will hang on as long as possible, maybe they'll wait for the e-systems.

Anyhow the family member travelling back home on a British passport into a Schengen country through T5 this weekend has been briefed as to what to possibly expect and to have their residency permit handy....