PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL - Running out of time - do I have a change?
Old 17th Aug 2023, 11:11
Beaker_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you're really going to struggle to complete your CPL and IR in 7 weeks.

I think most places expect the IR to take 2-3 months and the CPL a month or so. However, if you do the CPL before the IR, you need to do the basic IR module as part of it, so will take just over a month. That being said, the CPL being a VFR course is more weather dependent. If you're going to a sunny climate, weather probably isn't an issue, but if you are doing it in the UK, the weather can be a bit more unpredictable.

I think I remember correctly that the UK CAA allowed an extra 6 months on top of the initial 3 years because of COVID, so other authorities may have something similar, so it would be worth checking with them.

Another thing to add, is I think if you have a CPL or IR, you might not need to re-take all of the exams. E.g. If you got the CPL before the deadline, but didn't manage to do the IR, I think there are 5ish exams you need to re-take for the IR.

Sorry it's a little vague, but I hope it gives you some kind of idea of where to go next.