PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-5
Thread: Bournemouth-5
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2023, 08:50
AVBH

Originally Posted by dixi188
The bus service is aimed at the industrial site workers in the NW quarter.
I don't think the airport operators want public transport as they can make a lot of money fron car parking and drop off charges.
The road to the terminal doesn't even have a foot path and a sign says "No Pedestrians".
I think it’s very easy to jump to conclusions with regards to the “No Pedestrians” signage and lack of foot paths. Parley Lane has minimal foot traffic. Due to the nature of the road, there is nowhere appropriate for a vehicle to drop off passengers and allow them to enter the airport on foot.
Likewise, it doesn’t seem appropriate to allow vehicles to stop and drop off on the access road into the airport. It will cause traffic and be a hazard to pedestrians, more so since the increased schedule for cargo (large articulated lorries).
By installing a footpath, I believe it would almost encourage individuals to be dropped off and walk into the airport.
I suppose the only alternative would be for the airport to purchase some additional land & allow lay-by installation. This all involves cost & also willingness of the land owner to sell their land.

A National Express service would be the even better option!