PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2023, 09:08
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alsacienne
My experience is that it is not just the signage that is a mess, but because the gate allocation is relatively short to the departure time of the incoming aircraft, it is stressful to make sure you get there ... especially in the case of Ryanair flights from their terminal because they close the gate at departure time -30 mins, and the gate only shows up at departure time -40 mins. Of course, you can try to beat the system by going to the Ryanair wing 'early' and hoping that your flight will depart from there, with a relatively quiet café and plenty of seating ... but if you get it wrong, it's like the Grand National to get back to the departure lounge and start again on a transit ....
I thought MAG had reversed this and now display gate information 1 hour prior to departure? I get where you're coming from though, considering the majority of FR flights leave from SAT3, and this will probably only get worse once the transit is taken out of service and the new skylink walkways built. Maybe MAG could have screens indicating which SAT a flight would be leaving from and could save the stress of passengers accidentally going to the wrong satellite. Then again, they'd probably just prefer to have passengers in the departure lounge for as long as possible to spend ££s.