PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas, Alan Joyce’s personal play thing.
Old 16th Aug 2023, 08:19
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainInsaneO
I would think that if they paint this on the aircraft, there should by law by asterisk underneath it that says, 'This may or may not be the view of Qantas employees'.
OR - the bloody passengers paying for it!! What fool allowed a once great airline's CEO (and management team because he didn't do this on his own) to get involved in ANY political message?

Either the entire management team, led by Joyce (as I recently heard quoted the 'mincing midget') are complete idiots, or - is there a political payback somewhere?

There is always a logical reason. For or against posters here, I credit with reasonable intelligence. The 'for's' as much as the 'against' (obviously we know the 'for's' are wrong, but thats MHO) are in furious agreement that a monumentally stupid idea is for ANY company to take such a stand on political issues. Frankly, it's business 101 to do the exact opposite.

Where is the logic? Attempting to 'prove' you're more Australian than the next company? With the polls on this removed in papers as soon as they are published because they are so far against? (recent news.com.au). Just doesn't wash. If anyone in marketing who reads this can find a reason, please let me know. I can't see a 'sound' and 'logical' reason - so what is it? And we know Elaine is a masterful political animal.

There's a value in this for QF (if not Elains personally - maybe as simple as an AOM?) - what's the value??