PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Personal Accident Policy
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2004, 20:43
chrisN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pat, you made an unnecessary and inaccurate statement "All talking at once, and none being heard" which threatens to spoil a good case. Good cases don't need exaggeration or mis-statements to support them.

I don't need lessons in how to manage the sores of old which could affect the GAAC or other fora in which bodies come together - I have been one of those most involved in trying to overcome such things, having chaired the first sessions of joint RAeC and AOPA on planning and environmental endeavours, and overseen production of the first overall aviation planning guidance for GA. My point of illustration was to show what can happen if people step outside their own arena into somebody else's, not to rub more salt into old wounds.

I repeat my hope that people involved will work together in the most constructive way, and not repeat the mistakes of the past by trying to pretend that AOPA has an all-encompassing role while disparaging other bodies which have their own, clearly defined and supported, flying interests for which AOPA has neither expertise nor mandate. AOPA has enough to do to convince its power flying doubters that it is doing a good job for them - which is what this thread is about. Each to his/her own. All power to AOPA's elbow for its part of the larger GA constituency.

As there are some private messages going on, I propose to say no more at present.

Regards - Chris N.