PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK toxicity
Thread: EK toxicity
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2023, 04:26
BANANASBANANAS

Received 122 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Mlambin
May I deviate slightly from the original subject and ask about family life over there with children below 10y old?

I'm more and more hesitant about living in Dubai because having a happy family is very important. I'm also scared my wife could get bored.

We know what to expect, hot summer and inside life. She is already planing to go abroad etc but I feel like we are not ready for it. Also the lack of green and outside life might be affecting our moral passed the honeymoon year or two

​​​​​​
There are things to do to keep you and your family occupied but you will pay for them. Extra curricular activities for children, brunches for mum and dad, etc. You will either like that life as a family or you will not. If it sounds attractive then go for it. You can travel of course but only as it fits into your roster, school holidays and leave - unless you are ok with being separated from your family while you work and they grab opportunities to have mini breaks.

It is not for everyone and it is a big commitment. With the bond, disruption to existing lifestyle and the set up costs it really does need to feel absolutely right before you go there imho.