PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2023, 16:04
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STN406
Yes at this stage of the planning it would only be the track directly from in front of the terminal that will be removed. This is likely to do with environmental concerns and it’s easier to get planning approval for a small demolition and they tackle the rest later down the line when it’s not in use.

Undoubtedly there will be a huge amount of bussing going on for a duration. No idea how this will be done. One of the walkways to SAT2/3 and the APV (Gates 90-93) would probably have to remain for a duration to allow for bussing.
Agreed. On the plus side, the removal of the transit will also finally put an end to passengers getting 'trapped' in satellite 2 due to mistakenly misreading gate information when their flight is boarding from SAT3 for example. I've seen this happen a few times, so it will definitely allow for more flexibility once the new skylink bridges open. However, undoubtably this is also going to result in longer walking times, especially to/from satellite 1. The walk to SAT 3 MAG states is 10 minutes minimum, so I expect this to be longer for SAT1. I wonder what MAG intend to do with the space currently occupied by the transit stations in SAT1 and 2?