PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas, Alan Joyce’s personal play thing.
Old 14th Aug 2023, 07:00
pppdrive

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
I was horrified listening to the News this afternoon. Joyce has struck again, but more than that he actually lied on the broadcast. Qantas (and in particular Joyce) should concentrate on operating what was once a great airline. Making a 'political' statement by endorsing a contentious referendum, and actually having some of Qantas aircraft being painted in the "Yes to the Voice" colours are an absolute disgrace. Doesn't matter if you are for or against, Qantas should not be getting involved in politics that have absolutely nothing to do with operating an Airline. As for his statement, "We are the oldest continuous operating Airline in the World." That's just an outright lie, or did I miss a news statement that KLM has ceased operating. I hope KLM sues him personally. The sooner he leaves Qantas, the sooner it may be able to get back to being a great Airline that it was in the 70's when I worked for them and was proud to wear the uniform. It will be interesting to see how many people his latest 'mistaken idea' will be driven away from Qantas. Paul
The following users liked this post: