PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northumbria UK TDA closes airstrips
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2023, 13:06
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I have posted before about these trials which are easy to masquerade as life saving NHS work. In fact I can think of very very few clinical reasons for such drones. Correction, I can think of absolutely none on the mainland. We simply do not need many urgent interhospital transfers of small items - we move teams of doctors and patients themselves. I worry the so called trial seems to be about whether you can put some item in a drone from A to B which isnt difficult but fails to demonstrate or even investigate any benefit.

I find it interesting that the company was set up by trainee doctors, not always the brightest sparks outside medicine itself, and that they intend to transport radioactive sources. What happens if the cargo gets lost or gets into the hands of a child? Oh, and the need for 'medical documentation' is farcical as we are all paperless. It makes me suspect this is a vanity project and of course the local administrators will love claiming to have their own drone (at no cost) whilst patients queue around the block

My take is this is an unnecessary diversion from the failings of the NHS, wont help patients and should be opposed even BEFORE considering the harm to GA
The following 12 users liked this post by Radgirl: