PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger
Thread: Tiger
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2004, 17:03
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Chaps,

Reckon the go here is that since the tie up is with SQ the old silk outfit will commercially take a stinger at the bank, so if they are using the old grey matter it will be silk that becomes the tiger or perhaps a silk wrapped tiger. Pun intended.

Well as SQ believes that monkeys can fly and hence pays peanuts the silky tiger will probably liquidate and rehire on half peanut pay and have lepricauns working for fools gold or meal coupons as the irish ceo was the catering boss at Ryan before.

Seems SQ have grabbed the CAAS by the short and curlies to rush through an AOC so politically and financially vis a vis SQ and Irleandia investments a.k. Tony Ryan ( deep pockets smart business man) lots of cash to burn overall to fight Value, Thai Low cost venture and Airasia (And believe me lots of cash will burn)

BUT, it was Mike O'Leary that built Ryan Air anyway (so where is he in the grand scheme of things)
So maybe Uncle Tony has other deals rather that the silky tiger in the breach, perhaps leasing and ops support!

But as the plot thickens Uncle Tony did spend a lot of time in Thailand in his Aerlingus days so I wonder why Singapore and not Bangkok. ummmm

So, back to the sudden boom in low cost carriers. The pay will be below market value but the successful candidates will pay good incentive and productive bonuses, well that how it's supposed to be but maybe, just maybe in Asia it will be low pay low bonus if any. After all it is one of the last places for major exploitation.

I do wonder though with all the Ryan Air, Jet Blue, Quasi Virgins and so on nobody is following the greatest model of all and that is South West. Food for thought is it not.

Happy Flying,

Captain Wooblah.