PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft lands on the A40 in Gloucestershire
Old 11th Aug 2023, 10:49
biscuit74

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
There seem to be a lot of 'second guessers' on here, using hindsight. Having no idea what the circumstances were - but given the position probably on or near finals as Wickernbill suggests - depending on direction there are plenty of houses etc., to hit and likely little energy or height available for significant choice. So I'd say well done for flying the aircraft into a successful landing, missing all the traffic - and perhaps that is why the central barrier zone was the spot picked - best available gap? If so, full marks for quick & inventive thinking and taking an unusual option. No-one was hurt. no cars or drivers/passengers involved evidently. Suggests a good pick was made with littel time, so ease up folks! (see Teddy Roosevelt on 'the man in the arena')

Looks like fairly limited damage to the aircraft, amazingly, though like several others I wince at the slinging around the prop boss. Judging by mey experience few years back when I was on scene as an accident occurred, once the Police in particular get involved, they will refuse to listen to anyone outside their own limited team; in my case they had no interest in using any of the available onsite expertise, the folk who had actually called the incident in. Hilariously, their decisions were incompetent and contradictory, arguably unsafe, taken by folk not even present at the site. So the recovery actions seen here may be being dictated by folk acting in haste without proper understanding.

Nive aircraft the RF6, I hope it can be repaired.