PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which brands have GS mini function ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2023, 10:36
Uplinker

Received 155 Likes on 92 Posts
My apologies for not being aware of the K factor for GS Mini, (= 1 for A320 classic and A330, that I fly, but only 0.33 for the Neo). I am now

Hi, 172: I am sure that you will love the Airbus FBW ! At least, I hope you will. I went onto it from BAe 146, and took to it like a duck to water. After about 12 years, I flew the B737 Classic for a year, and - sorry, no offence - but I hated it compared to the Airbus, ! (I found the B737 easy to fly, although I found its automation a bit patchy and random)

Apart from the table (!), the Airbus FBW has an unobstructed view of the instruments, and everything, including the overhead panel, is much more logically laid out, just to mention a couple of advantages.

FWIW; it took a while to get through my skull that the Airbus FBW will "stay where you put it", i.e. after you return the side-stick to neutral, it holds the last attitude you commanded, (within reason, certain rules, and weather allowing - and without any trimming by you. It is fantastic ! ). When I realised this, I stopped over-controlling and my manual flying improved a lot.

Last edited by Uplinker; 11th Aug 2023 at 14:02.