PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLS UK Ltd R.I.P.
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2004, 16:13
Billy Whizzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HZ123,

Fls was not responsible for the damage found on the A/C as it was determined that the damage was caused during respray at sub-contracted bases, outside Fls. Boeing also found the same damage on other A/C around the globe. I wish people would stop bringing this subject up everytime Fls gets a mention on this Forum..

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!

Hang on lads, there could be a new player in town!!

This article was taken from Flight International Magazine, 20 - 26 January 2004:

""
EXPANSION

ST Aero poised to set up UK operation for low-fare carriers

Singapore Technologies Aerospace (ST Aero) is in talks with several potential partners over establishing a new maintenance facility in the UK that will cater to low-fares carriers.

ST Aero expanded into Europe 2 years ago by opening a joint venture facility in Bournemouth with Cobham unit FR Aviation. But the 2-hangar operation is limited to wide-body heavy maintenance. ST Aero believes there is a market in Europe for it's total aviation support (TAS) service, which is now only available at it's main facility in Singapore.

"We are in discussions with various parties on some business potential that may see us expanding to other airports in the UK initially and possibly later in Europe," say ST Aero President Tay Kok Khiang.
""

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, I like Eddie Ho's Singapore Fried Noodles!!!

Good luck Fls, you'll need a lot of it!!