PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Struggling with Stress ECG
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2023, 11:58
Aware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Struggling with Stress ECG

I have had two attempts at this, due to anxiety I struggle as my breathing is awful. First attempt 3 mins to stage 2 a while back now in 2020, due covid concentrated on keeping by business afloat so no need for medical, this morning tried again 7 mins, 1 minute into stage 3 so a good improvement but still very anxious.

AME now seems to think I have a lung problem so has referred me for that , that will take a while on the NHS. I have supplied my resting BP on 5 mg of amplodipine. And that’s good and at the 2020 medical told me to get fitter which I did, quit alcohol, but still 16st at 5’11.

I do not need my medical for work related income, but getting calls to return to FIing because of a shortage looming, so a hobby FI since 2003. Held a class 1 since around the age of 20. PPL since 1984. Always been anxious through medicals very tense , I guess the option here is continue to practise on treadmill until I can do the 9 minutes, then he wants an echocardiogram.

I’m 59 recommended to lose a stone too fat. And practise treadmill. And get fitter, could n’t really talk much through the process as too anxious which Dr disregarded and convinced I have a lung issue, he said 80 year olds can do the first 3 stages of the Bruce protocol. And if you cannot do the 3 stages you will never get a class 2 even. I think I will get there with more practise.

Eye pressures a bit high as always, thick corneas so need to get that checked again.

AME is OK ex military and very blunt which maybe is good as some AMEs previously have been very relaxed about he whole medical issue.

Maybe just difficult to keep medicals when getting older I do not know.

Just a bit dejected really today. Wanted to get back instructing as I miss it.

Last edited by Aware; 10th Aug 2023 at 12:17.