PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Airbus Enigma Machine.....
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2023, 08:58
First.officer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lots of help and suggestions there guys/gals, thanks......and as Uplinker suggests, coupled with ATPL knowledge and after going over it a few times - then the working process can de deciphered.

I think perhaps my real issue is with the 'wordy' nature, the conversion from French ('Franglais') to English - and whilst it works for some, maybe even the majority - I guess it just won' t ever work for me as it's too awkward in its conversion and wording. I readily admit in the 8+ years of Airbus flying, each time I open it - I loathe it (FCOM). A paper-based version may well prove easier in use for reasons as suggested, and I have thought about getting it printed as such - but for me, it still has the same issues in 'Franglais' etc., and I still think that Airbus is adding confusion with details about stations and stages etc. - if they'd merely left it as a concise entry (arguably) that I posted earlier, or as Uplinker explains (you see, how much easier is Uplinker's explanation - night and day, what is said makes so much more sense) - then it removes that element of interpretation, confusion, doubt. You can call it 'dumbing down'. I'll readily admit to not being the 'sharpest tool in the box', but unless that information in 'Franglais' and the wordiness holds some kind of relevance in application to operating and handling - why do it?.

Apologies if joking isn't in place, but just occurred to me whether there might be Haynes manuals for Airbusses, like this one :
Amazon Amazon
haha - you know what, for thicko's like me, that might just work!