PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Airbus Enigma Machine.....
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2023, 18:43
First.officer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
they do give the impression of being translated directly from French in to Franglais
Now, I quite believe this is possibly where a lot of my issues with the FCOM at the least, lie....it's very badly done, and for an aircraft manufacturer with the resources it has and the worldwide client base - it should be able to adapt and disseminate a decent copy of a publication that is adapted and relevant to each country in which it's product is being utilised.

​​​​​​​From a pilot perspective, be wary of studying outside "engineering" material / tech ops stuff as your job is to fly it, respond to malfunctions per the ECAM, QRH, and SOPs, and not be a test pilot or diagnose stuff
Absolutely, I agree - I'm in now way trying to be, or qualified to do as such. I merely want to try and find a decent resource other than that supplied and that is accurate as the FCOM probably is if I could understand it in many areas. The problem for me is that my (albeit a very basic, arguably somewhat "agricultural" perhaps) engineering background wants to know the what's and why - everyone has their ways of understanding things and for me, the FCOM is woefully lacking or perhaps it's more likely in the first quote above - its the damned "Franglais" that needs addressing. Perhaps. Hence, my desire to find something better, although I suspect it doesn't exist - maybe if the time and resource allowed, a decent interpretation of the FCOM and some decent illustrations and diagrams etc. - ideal world stuff of course haha.