PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK toxicity
Thread: EK toxicity
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2023, 13:21
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 157 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2
I am genuinly curios to hear from ex and current EK members regarding the toxicity at EK between pilots and management and in general, especially with the training department.

I have on good authority from about 5 EK pilots that Covid was used to clear out the dead wood, toxic pilots including trainers that nobody liked, ie some Austronaughts etc and others from other countries or just problem pilots in general.

im not an EK pilot but would like to know if things genuinely improved or is that all just nonsense and it’s just as toxic as before or did EK realize they had a real problem and have made concerted efforts to right the ship so to speak in terms of making it a more pleasant place to work.

Does anybody else know EK pilots currently employed there who can confirm this?
Knowing personally, quite a few of the pilots that were let go, I would hardly describe them as dead wood. Some may have been unfortunate enough to have a load a long term illness in the past, that was enough to put a target on their back. There were other reasons also, but not because they were dead wood, as you call it.