PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2023, 10:32
morno

Received 319 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by aussieflyboy
No, I simply asked what a fortnightly or monthly take home pay would be for a Qantas Pilot under training. It sounds like anyone starting now will be on that pay for around 6 months.

If you’re stubborn enough not to realise why a training wage exits then that’s on you. I simply pointed out the obvious.
I’ll tell you what flyboy, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. It’s approximately (because I can’t be stuffed looking up the exact figure) $2,500k a fortnight before tax, and per diems. 6 months is probably not an accurate timeline for SO training at the moment, they’re getting through quite quickly in most cases (and going to Singapore for the 330, nice per diems there). I did mine in the planned 12 weeks.

So if you want to run with your claim of the training allowance paying for the type rating, I’ll do the maths for you. Difference in pay between a checked to line SO and an SOT for the 330 is approximately $6k (after tax) over the 12 week period. Can barely pay for 2 sessions in a sim with that. Little bit of a difference to Atlas which is around $30k (when you account for first year and second year pay difference).
The following 4 users liked this post by morno: