PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 7th Aug 2023, 12:45
Thirsty

Received 80 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Clinton McKenzie
On the subject of payments by CASA...

I’d be interested in Thirsty’s views as to the source of the legal authority and policy basis for CASA having made that payment to me, and what generic description would Thirsty apply to the payment.
I think you will find it bundled in the 'legal costs' section under the title "other payments" where the auditors and Federal Senate Finance Committee will not query it. The legal advice the DPP gave CASA probably would have been to 'settle on just terms' so there would not be any follow-on activity and it would die a quiet death. The payment details and how they were arrived at will have to be pried out of their clustered fists by the new National Anti-Corruption Commission, or Glen's lawyers during the discovery process. FOI requests will most likely not do that.

The Christine Holgate affair comes to mind. Scotty ranted and raved on live TV in Parliament (the drooling SHE MUST GO speech), but where were the headlines when the paltry $1million hush money was surreptitiously passed to her? All over $10,000 of Cartier watches that she was legally allowed to spend to reward her hard working senior staff. This case is far worse, and settlement should be in the millions.

My take on the final outcome:
Revenge (on the Australia Post board) is a dish served cold, very cold, (delivered by Toll Global Industries of course)!
Look at where Scotty, Christine, and the profits of Australia Post and Toll have ended up.
Karma, pure karma, in large dollops.

Glen, you need some karma. Lawyers is how you will get it.

Last edited by Thirsty; 7th Aug 2023 at 13:15.
The following 5 users liked this post by Thirsty: