PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avmed delays in granting medical certificates - is our old certificate kept alive?
Old 7th Aug 2023, 02:19
Clinton McKenzie

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts
I wrote to Ms Spence in the following terms today (7 August 2023), Attachments omitted:
Background

On 18 June 2023 I sent some questions to CASA’s Regulatory Guidance Centre (the Centre) about the application of CASR Subpart 11.E to medical certificates. A copy of those questions is at Attachment A. A copy of the Centre’s response, dated 6 July 2023, is at Attachment B.

On 7 July 2023 I sent some supplementary requests to the Centre, as well as an extract from the Explanatory Statement to the regulations the subject of the request. A copy of those requests and the extract are at Attachment C. A copy of the Centre’s response, dated 1 August 2023, is at Attachment D. My follow-up, dated 1 August 2023, is at Attachment E.

My requests to you

I request that you:

1. acknowledge that the Centre’s correspondence at Attachments B and D is CASA correspondence; and
2. confirm that CASA’s position is that: “CASR 11.140 does not apply to a medical certificate.”