PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 6th Aug 2023, 21:28
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
My response to previous post

Summary of my correspondence.

20/11/20 CASA CEO makes a statement to the Senators that I have stalked and assaulted his staff.

21/11/20 ( My reference Pprune #1349 p.68) the day after the CASA CEO made those false and misleading comments, I wrote to the CEO requesting that he retract them.

01/12/20 ( My reference Pprune #1373 p.69) I wrote to the CASA Board, requesting that the statement be retracted.

10/12/20 ( My reference Pprune #1392 p.70 ) I wrote to the Secretary of the Senate committee

11/12/20 (My reference Pprune # 1396 p.70), I made the first of two FOI requests on this matter.

21/04/21 ( My reference Pprune #1599 p.80), I wrote to both the CASA Acting CEO, and LNP Deputy PM at the time, requesting the allegations be withdrawn.

28/06/23 (My reference Pprune #2743 p. 138) CASA asks for clarification regarding the FOI request.

13/07/23 ( My reference Pprune #2748 p.138). I provide clarification as requested.

27/07/23 (My reference Pprune #2773 p.139). Some personal thoughts on the matter that I posted.

29/07/23 (My reference Pprune #2777 p.139)., I submitted my complaint to you regarding the false and mis;leading information provided by the CASA Flight Operations Inspector

03/08/23 (my reference Pprune #2788 p. 140) . I made an FOI request for any footage of the incident,

Dear Jonathan Hanton

Thankyou for establishing contact, and I look forward to meeting you again personally in October when I meet with the CEO, Chair, and yourself.

Regarding this complaint, of the CASA Employee making a false statement that I assaulted him, I feel that I should add more clarity.

There were two FOI requests, the first in February 2021, and a more recent request in June of 2023. It is the latter response from CASA that I received only a few months ago that has prompted the current complaint, and the fact that the CASA CEO has only recently identified the date of the alleged assault of the CASA Employee to me. No date had been identified to me until the recent correspondence from Ms Spence., and I was able to ascertain the date and location of the alleged assault.

Upon becoming aware of the date and reviewing the witness statements, admittedly provided to me in the first release, I noted that one CASA Employee claimed that I had moved towards him and shoved him, whereas the other CASA Employees statement mentioned specifically that in fact I did not shove him. The former being a false statement and the latter being the truthful statement.

This matter is significant, and has I believe impacted on my relationship with CASA generally, and understandably so, if CASA had formed the view that I had assaulted one of their Employees during the conduct of his employment.

I do understand that Mr Carmody was protected by Parliamentary Privilege, and the purpose of this correspondence is not to seek any other redress than to have CASA make a Statement to somewhat restore my reputation.

The harm continues many years after the false and misleading statement was made to the Senators

As recently as a couple of weeks ago, it has been suggested to me that I apologise to CASA for the assault. Whilst I appreciate the well intentioned nature of the advice, it actually saddens me, because if that person believes that it has happened, I know there will be others.

The complaint is effectively a continuing or rolling complaint because the harm caused continues. If CASA is aware that one of their senior Employees has made a false allegation that I had assaulted him, then it is incumbent upon CASA to correct the record, and most especially because of the very formal setting in which the allegation was made.

I respect that you may need to consult with the Board as to whether you can investigate this matter.

If CASA determines that there will be no internal investigation into this matter, it would be concerning if that determination was based on the expiration of a twelve month timeline
Irrespective of the nature of the organisation, be it a Government department, or Private enterprise, it would be expected that any organisation would robustly and diligently investigate such substantial allegations against one of their Employees, irrespective of when it happened,

This is also a matter of aviation safety. If there is a CASA Employee that is prepared to make false allegations of stalking and assault against industry participants, it is possible that such behavior could occur in other aspects of that person's employment. It simply is not a matter that can be covered up.or not addressed.

Thankyou for your consideration, and please feel free to call me on 0418772013. I work as a delivery driver now, so cannot always answer the phone immediately, however I will call you back promptly i.e. within 15 minutes.

Respectfully Glen Buckley

Last edited by glenb; 6th Aug 2023 at 23:06.