PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which brands have GS mini function ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2023, 21:07
CayleysCoachman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
See? This is exactly what worries me: People who do not understand how GS Mini works, but nevertheless think they can override it and fly more safely by ignoring it.

Those designers, engineers and test pilots in Toulouse are far, far cleverer than you or I, and they have done a fantastic job with the Airbus FBW. An order of magnitude better than Boeing, with their MCAS, for example. (And even their supposedly FBW B777 still has pitch trim pickle switches).
and in turn, THIS is what worries me, alongside the compete faith Toulouse has in their competence. Need I list all the famous FBW crashes, all the expert critique of the weaknesses designed into the HMI, all the near-misses, all the major errors with Airbus signatures at the bottom line, the famous letter saying there was no need to train FBW airliner pilots in unusual attitude recoveries, etc etc? I could go on. I know exactly how GS MINI is meant to work; I also know that unquestioning trust in technology dooms us to failure. If you need something like that to keep from crashing, you really need to be looking deeper.