PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air, Taiwan
Thread: Eva Air, Taiwan
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2023, 15:55
vennnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hiring is taking longer.

This is a message from one broker

"I have some important news to share about the situation in Taiwan. The Taiwanese pilot union is currently organizing a protest in response to EVA Air's decision to hire a large number of foreign pilots. As a result of this protest, the pilot union is urging the labor bureau to investigate the matter further.

This development may have implications for the issuance of work permits for foreign pilots in Taiwan. It is possible that the processing of work permit applications for foreign pilots could be temporarily delayed or put on hold while the labor bureau conducts its investigation.

Despite these challenges, we should remain optimistic and hopeful that this situation will only be temporary. The hope is that the labor dispute will be resolved in due course, and work permit issuance for foreign pilots will resume as usual."

The current situation is: the locals complaining for EVA hiring lots of foreigners, especially from thailand and malaysia to overcome the large number of pilots predicted to leave this and year and the ones that already have left. The company does not want to increase the salaries, falling behind all its peers, that is why they rely on cheap labor from many thai pilots looking for jobs. The union instead of fighting for better salaries is fighting against expats.

Expats are looking for Emirates, Etihad, Qatar and some Japanese airlines. Several local pilots I knew before leaving were waiting for a slot at starlux.

My advice is if you have any other opportunity go somewhere else unless EVA is your only option.