PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Personal Accident Policy
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2004, 06:38
chrisN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pat Malone wrote [snip] "The GAAC has, count 'em, 73 member organisations. All talking at once, and none being heard." [snip]

Pat, your defence of AOPA is entirely justified and well meant as well as largely well said, but there is no need IMHO to overblow it.

The BGA, PFA, Parachutists, Balloonists, etc. also have their voices - for which AOPA does not speak - and they are heard at least some of the time on issues peculiar to their aspects of GA.

Even the GAAC has made some difference, e.g. to PPG 13, and is working on other things.

Each to their own.

Let's work together on what needs common cause, in our own corners on issues that are appropriate to only one sector, and and not rubbish the others' efforts as negligible or worthless when they are not.

And next time I or my successors at the BGA are defending the BGA corner on an airspace issue, kindly don't have the AOPA rep telephoning BGA clubs and claiming to speak for them against me, when I have already contacted them and am putting their case as they have asked me to.

Best regards for all the hard work, and good luck with the campaign to get more AOPA members.

Chris N. (BGA, RAeC, and GAAC person.)