PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pudniks The Para Glider - Katoomba Court 26 April?
Old 4th Aug 2023, 01:21
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
While doing some research on a related matter, I came across some material to indicate that - sadly, but unsurprisingly given his stubborn refusal to heed any of the advice he was given in this thread - Mr Pudniks crashed and burned in both the court and the AAT.

The decision of the Katoomba Local Court to find him guilty of 16 counts of performing a duty essential to the operation of an Australian aircraft during flight time, without the required authorisation, is unsurprising, because his primary if not only argument was that his paraglider is not an "aircraft" within the meaning in the civil aviation rules. An amusing aside in a newspaper report Blackheath paraglider Kurt Pudniks fined $9,600 for operating aircraft unauthorised was what the Magistrate said about the volume of civil aviation legislation:
[The Magistrate] hoped the massive stacks of documentation provided for the trial could to go to good use, perhaps in another aviation-related trial, for the sake of the environment.

"I've never seen so much legislation," she said.
The article says Mr Pudniks was contemplating an appeal, but 8 months on I've heard nothing further.

And despite being told, repeatedly, that the AAT had no jurisdiction in relation to his (company's) application to be an ASAO, because no reviewable decision had been made, he pressed on with his AAT application. The AAT's decision is only 9 paragraphs long, the last one of which says:
The Tribunal accordingly has no jurisdiction in this matter.
The following users liked this post: