PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 how to brake properly
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2023, 20:47
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FM_A320
Hello all,

I’m trying to improve my braking on A320/A321. Although I know the theory regarding reducing brake applications in order to save the brake and preventing from getting hot, I need your advice on this.

if I can keep A/brake low until taxi speed, this works fine. If during roll out I have to go on manual braking at high speed in order to decelerate properly I try to apply one progressive brake application but I often end up with the left brake significantly hotter than the right. For example left 380C and right 220C. I try to keep in mind this trying to apply stronger right pressure but this doesn’t seem to work. Can I ask some advices on this?

Also on taxi out/in I maybe struggle when there is upslope, maybe braking too much then ending applying some thrust or approaching the turn, braking to the correct speed but then as the aircraft accelerates I have to brake in the turn
Next time you drive your car, find a time when there’s nothing behind you and try braking with your left foot.

You’ll never get it perfectly balanced, you can compensate but generally the left brakes get hammered more than the right.