PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2023, 02:05
ShandywithSugar

Received 113 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by aussieflyboy
I’ll admit I don’t know the full story but I believe they were told a 737 position may be available straight away or it may be 3 years. The HR person couldn’t confirm a 737 basing location. They refused to allow him to do a secondment to what was his current Group position until they could guarantee a 737 spot so he turned it down.

Last I heard from him he was living in Miami working with Atlas so bigger and better for him at least. The other gent I know has stayed as a skipper with another group jet operator and says he’ll earn more doing that then taking the pay cut to mainline.

This sort of thing wouldn’t have happened in the past but this is what a happens when you voted a B/C scale in. Mainline simply isn’t the job it used to be.
Everyone knows for over a year now you can go direct to the B737. You just have to start on Day 1 as an SO (oh the trauma) then across you go. By the end of the day. If they're that worried about the 'B' scale ( they might have got A380?) then going direct to the B737 wasn't going to be the money train they were probably thinking either.

Eitherway , more off the hold making the position stronger!.
The following users liked this post: