PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2023, 19:36
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MANFAN
Why is the MEN continually releasing the status of every delayed and cancelled flight?!
Are they that bored?!
I have a good mind to complain…not that I expect it to stop though!

I hope the airport’s communications and press teams are ensuring they speak to them!
This is pure scaremongering and they shouldn’t be allowed to post this.
It’s well known most delays over the summer are caused by ATC delays or strikes across Europe.
Passengers can find out the status of their flight through many other more reliable means.
Primarily Flow control within the Athens FIR with knock on effects. Just about all airports north of Orly, and West of Frankfurt are experiencing delays of 20 -35 minutes right now . And those that have significant traffic into the Greek Isles are amplified. Heathrow is an exception as it has relatively few Greek flights in particular.

In the UK it’s Edinburgh, Manchester , Birmingham and Gatwick carrying the burden as the points of departure to those very destinations, with Düsseldorf, Rotterdam on the continent .

There is Guy in another place that constantly comments about delays at Manchester without any explanation, whilst Liverpool is also experiencing delays of around 20 minutes as well.

The inference from that Guy and the MEN story is that its a problem of Manchester Airports making -of course it isn’t.

Through FR24 is pretty much is always the centre of the story these days .

A simple web site that has a substantial amount of data (without analysis) - BTW certain airports - LPL- Faster Easier Friendlier is one that doesn’t appear report their statistics- Wonder why ?