PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-6
Thread: EasyJet-6
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2023, 20:08
MANFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Everyone gets to take a small bag - 45 x 36 x 20 cm. If the overhead lockers are full, you may have to put this small bag under the seat in front of you. If there is plenty of space in the overhead lockers, nobody cares if you put the small bag in the overhead lockers instead - the important thing is that you should be ready, willing and able to put it under a seat.
You can also take an additional larger cabin bag - 56 x 45 x 25 cm, but you will have to pay to take this. For each flight, only a *limited* number of these larger cabin bag allowances are sold. Numbers are limited so as to be certain everything will fit in overhead lockers and little or nothing will need to be checked manually into the hold by cabin crew once passengers are on board the aircraft. If there are 180 seats on an aircraft, you can be certain Easyjet will not sell large cabin bag allowances to each of 180 passengers. City break and business destination routes tend to see high demand for large cabin bag permits - and they really can and sometimes do sell out well before departure date. If these have sold out, you are left with the choice of just the small bag, or paying at some stage for the right to check a bag into the hold
Easyjet are, to some extent, playing on your not knowing in advance how much you will take on your flight, and your fear that large cabin bag allowances will sell out - so that you are motivated to pay more for your trip - and Easyjet can boost their ancillary spend per passenger
Thanks for the info...it certainly wasn't clear when I was adding the cabin bag on the app. I had to go onto a different screen and click more information to see the info you have provided above!
I was under the impression that extra cabin bags had to be paid for by every passenger...anyway for me who is 6ft, my size cabin bag would be no good under the seat in front! £22.99 in this day and age isn't bad for a small (ish) cabin bag in the locker.