PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2023, 18:45
pug

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by jumpseater
I’ve not been living under any rock I was advised in a professional meeting with 2exel of the alternate location in late December 22. I spoke to some 2exel crew at a location this June and discussed the same alternate. So some personel know of it, and some won’t.

https://www.universal-defence.com/bl...re?hs_amp=true
Scampton doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere towards a viable solution anytime in the foreseeable future. One partner has said the site isn’t viable and the Holdings company who have no track record of this size of development, needs the same land that the Home Office wants, and the site is still government owned.

You told us Wizz has said in a CC meeting that they weren’t going back to Doncaster. I’ve asked you when/where and for a Brucie bonus add by whom? By the time you made that statement two Cc meetings had taken place, one in December 22, and the other in March. Wizz have attended neither meeting, and it’s not minuted. That’s a factual statement. So, which Cc meeting was it?
So after checking with two independent sources regarding Wizzair and the CC meeting I will concede that it was not Wizzair who said they wouldn’t return. It was however said (in the March meeting) by the LBA CEO, upon being asked whether Wizz would return to DSA in a scenario that sees it reopen that this is highly unlikely, they report that they are happy with their sales performance at LBA. So yes, maybe they will return if someone manages to reopen DSA, or maybe they won’t. I’d be hedging my bets on them staying at LBA.

I agree 100% on Scampton, as I have posted on here previously on a different thread. Maybe BH has made them an offer they can’t refuse, or maybe they’re going somewhere a bit left field. I don’t know. Whatever scenario I hope their good staff aren’t put out by it too much, cos what they’re doing now seems to work.

I think ATN Notts has hit the nail on the head though. An airport with excellent facilities such as the one at DSA costs a lot to operate. But how do you justify that cost if the volume cannot be attained? I appreciate you work(Ed?) there and honestly wish no malice, but it does concern me that a lot of public money could be piled into this with the same outcome. However, this was all predicted to happen 20 years ago, and short of one of the main competitors closing its difficult to see a way out of it. I know lots of people who want nothing more for it to work and I will include myself in that as if the aspirations could be met it would make my life a lot easier, but evidence suggests it’s not to be. Maybe you can prove this wrong.