PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Strike Looms Large at Air Log in the GOM
Old 20th Jan 2004, 03:59
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
Maybe all us guys should send our Resume's to AirLog in New Iberia....see what the pay and per diem rates are. That way they would have a few thousand recent Resumes to take to the Union...then a canvas could be done...compare pay...benefits...working conditions...see how it fits. I am 25% over starting wage for Air Log...even with the five years seniority they will grudgingly give you...have better health insurance...work fewer days....live at home on work days unless I am doing a 24...get a pension contribution that exceeds the Safety Bonus they want to take away at Air Log...gosh....maybe the company would catch on to the fact they need to improve the Gomer's Lot in life. I guess I could always commute 1200 miles each way to/from work...devote 10 of 14 days to work or commuting (they do not fly you to work).

Wonder if the company will discuss their turnover rate prior to the start of all this turmoil....I heard something like 300 pilots in 18 months....but do not hold me to the exact number. It was liken to the turnover rate for some of the worst trucking outfits in the US. That alone should be a mark of pride to the company...not being able to hold onto pilots.

PHI is on mandatory workover now....short of pilots already...Tex Air cannot hire enough to fill their vacancies...Air Log was short prior to the turmoil...heck...maybe pay will go up anyway.