PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2023, 16:30
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vectisman
Yes I believe that to be the case.

I have read elsewhere that easyjet may be removing up to 13 aircraft from Gatwick next Summer after difficulties this year.
82 based aircraft has proved a little problematic especially having two main departure waves am and pm.
I believe someone on the Southampton thread said 3 aircraft are going to the new Birmingham based and the others returned to lessors.
I know that Vueling have about 110 weekly slots leased from BA approximately 7 departures and 7 arrivals a day but their operation is stable and also within the IAG overall operation.
The easyjet lease from BA was as high as 220 to 230 slots a week (approximately 16 departures and 16 arrivals a day) These are the ones that will be returned over the next year or so.
As always happy to be corrected.
Wow, this is quite a reduction for EZY if this does come to fruition, considering they have always been focused on expanding at LGW which is by far their largest base. If they do cut back by 13 aircraft, is this likely to mean that they will no longer need to maintain their (small) operation to/from the South Terminal and just consolidate entirely in the North? (which is what they always wanted, this was a key driver behind the BA/VS/EZY shift in 2017).