PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2023, 16:26
rog747

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SKOJB
Wizz, Volotea, Jet2, TUI could all be options if they can satisfy themselves of the new runway/obstacle performance data. I don’t buy this argument that regular 738 services will never operate from the airfield although time will tell.
I would still place a cheeky bet on EXS planning something down the line but that’s just my opinion before posters get on my back!
Well LOL, getting right on your literlal back, although this 737NG issue is now getting all rather tedious, I can assure you that it ain't gonna happen even in this decade...
Unless you want to propose on your bended knee to TUI, Jet2, and Ryanair to operate very payload restricted flights.

Or, by all means do go-ahead and get yourself a few secondhand examples and do try it...
Come back to us on that one (very broke)

Jet2 will have new A320Neos, but not for a long time, until the first orders arrive in 2028, so all bets on them are off for a while.

Vueling IMO are pretty awful, the Ryanair or Spirit Airlines of Spain, and they are frankly dire, as are Wizz too -
Their reputations go before them, and I cannot see the SOU catchment grabbing them at all...These airlines go into airports and are 'here today', and 'gone tomorrow'.