PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2023, 22:32
Matt995

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737James
I have just returned from Twelve days in a Tui UK exclusive hotel in Paphos and the company’s reputation is very poor with many guests reporting delays and changes to third party flights with GetJet,SmartLynx being the worst.

Personally my outbound BHX-PFO was delayed 1hr25mins as they couldn’t get an fuel but seemed to be a just a Tui issue. Must say was impressed with Max aircraft seemed a bit more space than 738 I thought

Then inbound was planned to be a high capacity Dreamliner but that got moved to MAN to cover another flight so instead delayed the flight by an hour and sent one Tui 738 but oldest in fleet and then used GetJet for other flight. Their uproar at PFO as the GetJet needed to position back to MAN to keep up with following day schedule. Customers refused to board so gave people extra day in Resort fortunately inbound was just 205 so most got back on Tui 738 but crew not happy as called off standby to operate Deep night with getting back on stand at BHX at 05:38

Looking at the schedule for S24 it appears that Tui are not planning to use the 787 on short haul from BHX as based aircraft
TUI have done a similar thing at BHX today, outbound AGP was on a 788, which then went back to MAN, with the inbound AGP-BHX operated on 2 flights, on the awful GetJet 737, and also on the equally awful SmartLynx A320, and then both aircraft have replaced the 788 again, to LCA! You have to feel sorry for the passengers on these flights.

In regards to BHX for summer 2024, base is currently, 1x 789, 1x 788, 2x320, 8x737 - The 789 does short haul flights to AGP & KGS (Sundays), the 788 does PMI x3, SID x2, DLM & KGS