PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Start - Global Airlines
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2023, 13:25
Just Plane Mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Maybe the experts will get back in their box when he answers some of the questions raised - come back with an AOC and all the route approvals, and he'll start to look a bit more creditable.
Agreed…..

The CAA issue weekly publications and to date, no AOC / OL has been applied for. He needs Post-holders acceptable to the CAA to do this. He has not appointed one Form 4 PH, only part time (I’m guessing £6-£10k a year) non exec Board Directors/Advisors. He has also not once mentioned where his money is from (Holiday Swap was traceable back to an ME family) He has not stated what amount Global requires, which invariably will be decided by the CAA. He won’t even know this until he presents his business plan to the CAA. They will then place it through a various capital adequacy tests and inform him of the capital figure they need in place to issue the OL. This could be in the order of no income for 3 months and full operational costs. You don’t need to be genius to work out his fixed overhead and his rotational costs of a couple of A380’s a day transatlantic, multiplied by 3 months and he needs that cash! I don’t think he will even be acceptable as the Accountable Manager to the CAA?!

You can have an AOC all day long, but without an OL the AOC is worthless, as you can’t fly anyone. The technical side of the CAA won’t issue the A380 AOC until that department is satisfied that ERG (Economic Regulation Group) are satisfied it’s a workable plan and airline with cash to survive! In order to apply for the AOC he needs an A380 registered in the G-reg. He has yet to do this. He can’t apply for a route licence until he has satisfied all of the above. ‘Should’ he even assemble his industry experienced team soon… he has no chance for 2024!

Last edited by Just Plane Mad; 30th Jul 2023 at 13:48.