PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2023, 12:45
pabely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vectisman
Yes I believe that to be the case.

I have read elsewhere that easyjet may be removing up to 13 aircraft from Gatwick next Summer after difficulties this year.
82 based aircraft has proved a little problematic especially having two main departure waves am and pm.
I believe someone on the Southampton thread said 3 aircraft are going to the new Birmingham based and the others returned to lessors.
I know that Vueling have about 110 weekly slots leased from BA approximately 7 departures and 7 arrivals a day but their operation is stable and also within the IAG overall operation.
The easyjet lease from BA was as high as 220 to 230 slots a week (approximately 16 departures and 16 arrivals a day) These are the ones that will be returned over the next year or so.
As always happy to be corrected.
They do have alot of new frames arriving early next year x10 320N & x1 321N, I know across whole group, but will help removing leased examples and reducing 319s. There are pain points across the whole operation and should make the S24 more stable.
Whether BA can scale up is another question or will they become the bad boy on canx at LGW next year?!