PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2023, 12:14
pug

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by jumpseater
2exel, of course they’re moving to that other closed ‘airport’ how very logical. And of course anyone who knows what their considered options they are negotiating are, is going to post commercially sensitive information on Pprune, that’s a given surely, it’s not Facebook after all!

So, you’re already backpedaling on saying Wizzair said they wouldn’t go back to DSA.

And you tell us they’ve made those statements in a meeting they don’t actually attend, they’re not even members of the CC, or appear represented at. I’d currently err towards the ‘rubbish’ end.

I think we can agree on Virgin’s northern hub, I don’t doubt discussion took place about operating from DSA, but the hub concept, nope.
I don’t know which rock you’ve been living under, but unless you haven’t realised Scampton Holdings wanted to return it to aviation purposes, pretty much accepted that they had 2Excel on mind as their anchor tenant. Commercially sensitive? Are you assuming the guys down the road aren’t aware of what their ex colleagues may be planning? Anyway, that was the last I heard, I have heard nothing since and that was months ago so of course they will be making plans for their business. Would have thought that they’d maintain their office function at Doncaster, be hard to move them elsewhere. Just my opinion of course, not sure if it’s expected of me to put that caveat every time I post something, being that this is a forum and all?

Im not backpedaling, it’s been said at a consultative committee meeting, along with some ‘commercially sensitive information’ (hint: Ben Houchen tried to pay them) that they wouldn’t return to DSA in any scenario that it reopens. Might be rubbish like you say, but do you believe that LBA haven’t agreed a long term deal to keep them there? Their U.K. arm didn’t exactly find their foreword bookings were ever going to set the world on fire, but there’s no doubting they had a good niche with the Eastern European stuff, perhaps Peel weren’t all that bad after all?

And here is the problem, we don’t doubt discussions took place with a lot of airlines and operators, what stopped them from investing? Does this not confirm that Peel might have been correct and that there was a fundamental lack of viability?

Further caveat, as someone who had the possibility of working out of there in recent years dangled in front of me, the fact that it’s not there now is disappointing on a personal level, cos it’s not a bad drive at all,

Last edited by pug; 30th Jul 2023 at 12:38.